Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Lipstick Under My Burkha

Lip Stick Under MY Burkha


There are so many things that are supposed to be said (I am still finding that person who wrote this rule)only in the closed rooms or behind the closed doors or just in your mind!!What if these unsaid/whispered/ things,wild thoughts break the rule and come out of your mind and freely present themselves in front of the society?
Story of four middle class women who seem to be living a normal life like any other woman but their closed-door thoughts are not allowing them to be silent and lead a normal life though.
If I go into details,I will surely sound like a pakka feminist or some will call me an activist!(I am neither of them).I will close my review here with some free ka gyan!LipStick Under My Burkha shows you the other side of the coin!Other side of your own mind!Ratna Pathak Shah proves how a seasoned actor should be!Other actresses have done justice to their roles too!Throughout the film a different style of narration runs in the backdrop by Ratna Pathak shah,which is uniquely experimented.
After watching this movie many questions popup in my mind.Are there really any validated rule books(for women)that define How to live in this society?Dos and Don'ts?If yes,who wrote it and who authorized it?Why there is no equilibrium in these rules for both men and women?And what happens when someone decides,"Meko yeh rules follow karne hi nahi hai bhai!!"..Then happens Lipstick Under My Burkha!!!
One more question,"Ache ghar ki ladkiyan aise nahi baithti,aise nahi khati,aise nahi chalti,itna uncha nahi bolti,awaz nahi uthati,Aise saans nahi leti! etc etc etc"..Sorry,But I would prefer to become a "Bure ghar ki ladki" then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cinema Bandi

Name : Cinema Bandi Language : Telugu Streaming on : Netflix Director : Praveen Kandregula Writer : Vasanth Maringanti Music Director : Saty...